Monday, April 18, 2011

Why Cupcakes?

I am officially the worst blogger ever.  I can’t remember to sit down and write something - I always have a cupcake and can always talk about its decadence and how much I miss them.  However, sitting down at my computer and remembering to scribble something out is just not something I am in the [habit] of doing yet.  So bare with me - it will come!  And I have plenty of cupcakes to tell you about! Get ready!
Today, however, I want to tell you about an article in my favorite magazine since my weight loss... 
This is the May issue: And it has some GREAT stuff in it.
This is an excerpt of what is in it:


Curb Cravings:
Picturing yourself eating a food bite by bite reduces how much of it you actually consume, reports the journal Science.
Hold up - talking about cupcakes actually reduces how much I eat it!  I knew there was a reason that I started this blog!  Praise the Lamb!  There is a method to my madness (my mom says that all the time) :)  love her.  okay back to the story...
Using this technique with M&M’s caused subjects to eat 61% fewer pieces.  

So it’s not cupcakes - but same difference right?  Both are delectable and both are rich and sweet and beautiful to consume!  yum!  and 61% that’s a big chance - that means that because I talk about cupcakes ALL of the time - i will consume 61% less calories because I get the satisfaction from talking not eating.  haha - oh my friends know me well - i LOVE talking.  and I know they are probably rolling their eyes saying “great now she is going to really start talking about cupcakes...” well get ready life because abby is BACK IN TOWN with the cupcake blog!
back to the article:
Visualizing eating a good can TRICK your mind into believing that you have already gobbled it!  Which reduces your desire for more, says study author Carey Morewedge, Ph.D., of Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh.
Well [Carey Morewedge, Ph.D., of Carnegie Mellon UNiversity] in Pittsburgh - thank you for contributing to my cupcake blog today! You are absolutely a GENIUS!  I thank God today for people like you that make cupcakes more interesting to talk about and better for me :) ha I wish the statistic was the
 ((more you talked about the food the less calories you consumed when you ate it. )) 
Oh well, for the time being
Be Happy and TALK about Cupcakes
A  B  B  Y  

No comments:

Post a Comment