Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 2 and Day 3

Okay okay okay... I know I let you down yesterday... I am sorry you didn't get to experience cupcakes!! :) Well today guess what!

YOU GET TWO!!!!!

I am in a bit of a fruity mood today.. which I will take as a blessing - because most of the time
I am in a chocolate mood and it is all I can do to not pop chocolate bon bons all day. 
But today is a good today becuase I am craving blueberrys and strawberry cake. 

Remember last year when Blueberry muffins were all I could think about?
I am thankful for my sweet roommate Kathryn Holcomb for bringing blueberry
rice cakes to tide me over for the week.  And then her sweet momma broughme a blueberry
muffin for after competition. 

Today I am featuring two delightful cupcakes:  A Strawberry cupcakes with Straawberry buttercream
frosting and adorable dainty little cupcake sprinkles. 
Let me tell you one thing - if I could eat a cupcake everyday... I would be the
happiest littel girl ever!

Just imagine the fruity very delicate but sweet taste as this cupcake enters your mouth!
I think the buttercream frosting is a sweet addition to the strawberry cake that
would make anyone's mouth water!

ENJOY THIS CUPCAKE TODAY!!


Now we can focus on my obsession:

BLUEBERRY CUCPAKES!!!

This Blueberry cupcake has fresh blueberries on top as well with the best blueberrys in the middle.
Want to know a secret:
When making blueberry cupcakes, muffins, crumb cake, etc... what you need to do is
buy fresh blueberries and freeze them.  Then put them in the batter frozen.
That way when they unthaw they will be super fresh in the cupcakes.
You never want to drain blueberries either - the juice provides a lot of fresh tastes and moistens the
cake ever so slightly!

This cupcake has a basic vanilla frosting - but in this picture it looks more like ice cream!
Which is fine with me.  Blueberry cake with ice cream is wonderful!
2 summers ago I lived with my uncle and aunt and my cousins in Dallas. He spoiled me rotten
with the Bachelor Blueberry Pie.  That is most likely not what he calls it....

But think about how your grandmother would make a pie - and then use the easiest premade ingredients.
everything was frozen or premade and then he put WAY too much sugar and butter in it...
BUT WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED FROM PAULA DEAN???

BUTTER makes everything better!  And it does... especially when you are preparing for Miss Arkansas!



If you are just now joining us... or are new to my blog here are some things you need to know:

I do not make these cupcakes nor do I eat them.
I merely just talk about them because I love cupcakes and while I would love to eat
every single one of them... I cannot. 

I write about them because it satisfies that want that I have!

I hope you enjoy them!

Eat and ENJOY!
Abby
 

No comments:

Post a Comment