Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Monday!

Well I am laying out by the pool today enjoying no work and no class (which is actually a pretty interesting class) today when it hits me. We are enjoying this day off and most of the population will fail to remember. It is Memorial Day for a reason and yet no one remembers.

So I want to take this post to remember. Our friends, family, and so many strangers over the past 200 years have fought for our country to make it a better place and to ensure our freedom. My grandfathers, uncles, and dad were even apart of it.

The military effects each of us differently. Today I want to take the time to thank those who have enlisted and gambled with their life to allow me to be safe and live the American Dream.

My cousin's husband (so I guess my cousin) Matt is currently in the Air Force and they have just had a beautiful baby boy named Dean!








But he gives up so much family time for his job. But he does it to make sure America remains free and safe! So thank you Matt. In honor of the Air Force I have some air force cupcakes!! ENJOY!











Next- my sister is dating Patrick. A man in the Navy. It's been interesting because I have been able to see his training and how he handled Plebe Summer (boot camp in so many words). These men don't just fight wars, they train hard. They are strong mentally and physically.




Patrick will be an incredible Naval Officer one day. But until then he is giving up a lot to be in Anapolis Maryland. So thank you to the Naval Academy and all of the Navy people for what they do!










So HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY! And don't forget to thank those that have fought, will fight, and are preparing to protect our country! Because you wouldn't be at the pool, on the golf course, or out of work today without them!





Miss Cupcake Queen!
Abby

P.s. sorry the pictures aren't big. I'm blogging pool side and on my phone! Haha have a great rest of the day!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment